Friday, June 7, 2013

Oh for F^%k's Sake!

By the way, the proper title of this entry "For Fuck's Sake" is a well worn phrase here in Ireland, and they think absolutely nothing of saying it in mixed company, which still gets me, but I'm gettin the hang of it. :)


I'm finishing up my last dinner at the damn airport hotel, and this older guy comes up to me and asks if he can buy me another drink before I go.  I'm going to guess him to be in his very late 60's...to be nice.  I say thank you, but no, at which point he realizes I'm from the States, and he asks me whereabouts.  I say California. 
"And you're here all alone?" he asks.
"Yup," I say back.
"Hope you find a big Irish guy to keep you company."
(oh boy)
Smirking, "I don't need a big Irish guy to keep me company, I'm just fine by myself."
Then he starts talking about how this is his annual getaway trip for his birthday.
(I tried not to roll my eyes.  Rather, i smiled and asked why he liked to go to the same place for his birthday every year.)
"Well, because I'm Irish," was the reply.  He went on, "So you don't drink huh?"
"No, i don't drink, and in fact I have to get back to work.  I'm here on a split shift to support the folks back in California."
He looked quite sad at this...and I almost felt sorry for him, until he said...
"Is that your natural hair color?"
(Contain the shudder)
"It's a better version of my natural hair color."
He looked confused.  Then continued on,
"I used to be a jockey, you know.  Then i got too big to ride the horses."
(Well by big you definitely don't mean too tall)
"Oh really!" I said. "That must have been a blast"
"It really was, i wish you didn't have to go to work.  It would be great to hang out with you.  Here alone huh?"
(Here alone to the point where they wont question me when they find your body outside my door)
Smiling, "Yeah, unfortunately i do have to get going before the emails pile up.  It was great to meet you."
"It was really great to meet you too.  I'm here for tonight so if you feel like a drink after work, let me know."
(Yeah, I wont)
"Thanks for the offer, have a great rest of your trip here."

I signed the check and walked off, thinking about the various charging cords i had in my room that could come in handy if need be.  Lovely way to end my stay at the beautiful Radisson Airport Hotel!

1 comment:

  1. I've never had any success with that "Is that your natural hair color (eyebrow bump, eyebrow bump) line either. -- Other than that he sounded pretty hawt.

    ReplyDelete