Friday, July 26, 2013

Running in the Rain



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I saw the storm blowing in when I left, but didn’t bother about a bit of rain
Deep purple clouds mixed with sheets of grey falling from the sky
And faint booms were heard in the distance

My pace quickened as I walked along the beach
A salty fragrance hung in the air
Tepid wind whipped against my face
I reached my half way mark and turned to go back
Facing the wall of water coming towards me
A huge smile crossed my face, a twinkle in my eye
Deep down, I was hoping it would catch me, and it didn’t disappoint
I heard the first drops amongst the leaves of the trees
Then felt them faintly against my skin
Wind pushed the storm closer, and I ran straight into it
Hot, white lightning seared the sky with a blinding flash
Thunder crashed overhead, like the sound of giant fists pounding on hollow drums

The heaven’s opened and rain lashed the city
Falling so hard and so fast, the streets instantly ran as rivers
Huge droplets pummelled the earth and rang as gravel would against the rooftops
Eyes closed, looking up, I smiled as the pure water rushed down my face
My skin was pale from being cold, and rosy from running
Wet, red curls lay plastered against my neck

With nowhere to be and no one to impress
Enjoying the experience of the storm all around
I was free to run in the rain




No comments:

Post a Comment