Saturday, May 25, 2013

Hello Dublin!!!


My flight from London to Dublin was delayed due to a British Airways flight having to make an emergency landing right in front of our terminal.  One of the engines was smoking during decent, but they were able to land and get everyone off without incident or injury.  Great to know those escape slides actually work!  Of course the hubbub required hundreds of airport workers to stand around and do nothing as "appropriate measures" were taken to ensure everyones safety.  Sheesh.  An hour or so behind schedule, they loaded up my plane and we were on our way.
I arrived in Dublin to crisp, cold air and sunshine.  It was just like a February day back in California, and the relocation lady that met me at the airport marveled at how wonderful it was to see the sun.  We picked up my rental car, a Hyundai hatchback, and she drove me to the hotel, which is actually stationed in the airport and wasn't more than a mile drive.  She took the time to show me a roundabout and give me some tips on how to drive through one.  I missed my car terribly.
 
I've checked in to the Radisson and am starting to get settled.  It's a typical airport hotel, kind of lonely and sterile.  But, they do have complimentary passes to a gym just down the street, so i loaded up my gym gear and made my way over.  Two hours later, I had worked every muscle in my arms, legs shoulders and core with an hour of cardio and an hour of weight lifting.  It felt SO GOOD to be back at the gym after being away for over two weeks.  The equipment there is a bit antiquated, and it made me thoroughly appreciate how awesome our gym is at SanDisk in Milpitas.  Still, it got the job done, and they have a pool and hot tub there that i plan to make good use of tomorrow when i can't walk due to muscle fatigue.
 
For the rest of the day i think I'll put my big girl pants on and tackle the whole driving thing.  I'm sure it wont be that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment